1. Acceptance of this Agreement
Each time you access the Web Site you confirm your acceptance to be bound by this Agreement as then updated, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to agree to and accept this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any person, including any natural person and any type of incorporated or unincorporated entity (“ Person”), you purport to represent. If you do not agree with any or all of the provisions of this Agreement, do not have the authority to enter into this Agreement, or are not authorized to agree to and accept this Agreement on behalf of the Person you represent, you may not access the Web Site.
2. Amendments to this Agreement
Centennial may, from time to time and in its sole discretion, make changes to this Agreement by posting a revised Agreement on this Web Site. By using the Web Site after any revised Agreement has been posted, you accept to be bound by the revised Agreement so please check the date of the last revision, noted above, before using the Web Site. You may not change this Agreement in any manner.
3. Secured Areas of the Web Site
- Certain areas and features of the Web Site are accessible only to users who have been issued a login name and password (collectively ” Credentials”) by Centennial. Credentials will remain the property of Centennial and may be cancelled or suspended at any time by Centennial in its sole discretion without any notice or liability to you or any other Person.
- Centennial is not under any obligation to verify the identity or authority of any person using Credentials to access the Web Site and has the right to rely on the authority of any person using Credentials. You will be held responsible for any action taken under your Credentials, regardless of whether you authorized the action. Notwithstanding the preceding, Centennial may in its discretion, at any time, require additional proof of identity from any Person seeking to access the Web Site, including Credential holders, and may deny access to the Web Site, or parts of it, or refuse to act upon any communication of a Person if Centennial is not satisfied with such proof.
- You shall:(a) keep Credentials issued to you confidential, secure and otherwise protect them at all times, which includes not disclosing your Credentials to any Person (other than Centennial) or permitting any other Person to access the Web Site using your Credentials; (b) only use the Web Site under your Credentials in compliance with this Agreement; and (c) immediately notify Centennial if you know or suspect that your Credentials have been lost or stolen or become known to or used by any other Person.
4. Permitted Uses of the Web Site
- You may use the Web Site only in the manner described in this Agreement and subject to all applicable laws. Your use of the Web Site for any other purpose or in any other manner is strictly prohibited. You may print, copy and use Web Site content for non-commercial, internal or personal purposes provided that you do not modify any of the pages and do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, trade-marks, notices, or disclaimers. The Web Site (for clarity, including its content) may not, without the prior written consent of Centennial, be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, for any other purposes. You may not sell or resell any part of the Web Site (including its content) or access to the Web Site. You may not use any of the software that is used in the operation or provision of the Web Site except while using the Web Site in accordance with this Agreement.
- Although Centennial does not routinely screen or monitor content posted to the Web Site, Centennial reserves the right to remove content which violates the terms of this Agreement or other relevant policies, but is under no obligation to do so.
- All information provided through this Web Site must be true and accurate. Centennial will rely on the information provided. You will be solely responsible and liable for any and all loss, damage, and additional costs that you, Centennial or any other Person may incur as a result of your submission of any false, incorrect or misleading information or your failure to update information within 30 days of any change.
5. Privacy, Access to Information
Centennial is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario) (“FIPPA”), which both protects personal information and permits access, except under specified circumstances, to information in the custody or under the control of Centennial. Information about Centennial’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information is provided in Information submitted to Centennial may be disclosed, unless subject to an exemption or excluded from the operation of FIPPA, under a request for access made under FIPPA and users should clearly indicate any information that they are supplying to Centennial in confidence.
6. Collection of Information for the Analysis of Web Site Use
- Centennial uses standard web server log files to collect statistics on visits to the Web Site. Web server logging collects machine-specific information such as IP address, operating system, and web browser type. Logs may also provide information about user pathways through the Web Site. Centennial collects this information in order to understand how the Web Site is used and to plan for future enhancements to the Web Site.
7. Intellectual Property
- The Web Site (including all content, text, graphics, scripts, presentation, and other information in text, graphical, video and audio forms, software, designs, applications, data, and other elements available on or through the Web Site) is and remains the property of Centennial (or its licensors, as applicable), and is protected by copyright, trade-mark and other intellectual property laws. Use of the Web Site does not transfer any ownership or other rights in the Web Site (including without limitation, its content) to visitors. For copyright inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Centennial, and all other names, logos, seals, or other symbols that are representative of Centennial are trademarks of Centennial. Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of trademarks, without the written permission of Centennial, is prohibited. To inquire about receiving permission, please email email@example.com.
- It is prohibited to create links to the Web Site without the express written permission of Centennial. The framing, mirroring, scraping, data-mining (or any variation thereof) of the Web Site or any of its content in any form and by any means is strictly prohibited. You may not use any collaborative browsing or display technologies in connection with your use of the Web Site, or to post comments, communications, or any other data of any kind to or on the Web Site with the intention that such postings may be viewed by other users of the Web Site.
Centennial and its licensees, if any, may cause software to be available for download from the Web Site or through other web sites and internet resources. The software is protected by copyright, and downloading and use of such software is governed by the applicable transaction and software licence agreement specific to such software. By downloading software, you signify your agreement and acceptance of the applicable transaction and software licence agreement.
- Centennial makes web resources available to all of the Centennial community but does not review, edit, or endorse all items accessible from the Web Site. Personal and non-departmental web pages are not official statements of Centennial, and Centennial is not responsible for the content of such pages. Information and opinions provided and expressed in personal, non-departmental web pages of the Web Site are those of their authors, and the authors are solely responsible for those information and opinions. If you have questions or comments about a particular page or document, please contact its author directly. Departmental web pages are the responsibility of the Department. In the event of any discrepancy between Departmental printed materials and information on the Web Site, please contact the originating Department directly.
- In no event shall Centennial be liable for any representation, warranty or guarantee made by any third party in respect of the Web Site.
- Although Centennial attempts to provide current and accurate information on the Web Site, errors, inaccuracies, omissions or other errors may sometimes occur and Centennial cannot guarantee that all content and data provided on the Web Site will always be accurate, complete and up to date. Centennial reserves the right to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to users or any other Person.
- Some parts of the Web Site may contain links to web pages created by sources outside of Centennial. The existence of these links does not suggest any implicit or explicit approval of or endorsement of the linked web pages or their content by Centennial.
- Access to and use of this Web Site is at the user’s own risk. The Web Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, and including without limitation implied representations, warranties or conditions of or relating to accuracy, accessibility, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, performance or durability, all of which are disclaimed by Centennial to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Centennial and its licensors and licensees, if any, will never be liable to any user or any other person for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary loss or damage arising from, connected with, or relating to the Web Site or this Agreement, including but not limited to loss of data, business, savings, income, profits, use, production, reputation or goodwill, anticipated or otherwise, or economic loss, under any theory of liability, regardless of any fault or wrongdoing (including without limitation gross negligence and fundamental breach) by Centennial or any person for whom Centennial is at law responsible, and even if Centennial has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
If you breach any provision of this Agreement, or are no longer using the Web Site for the purposes permitted in this Agreement, you may no longer use the Web Site. Centennial may, at any time and for any reason and in its sole discretion, change, suspend or terminate, temporarily or permanently, the Web Site or any part of it, or your permission to use the Web Site, without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. If this Agreement or your permission to use the Web Site is terminated by you or Centennial for any reason, then this Agreement will continue to apply and be binding upon you in respect of your prior use of the Web Site.
11. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed solely by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and applicable federal laws of Canada. Any dispute between Centennial and you or any other person arising from, connected with or relating to the Web Site, this Agreement or any related matters must be resolved before the Courts of the Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto.